TELLER I - FULL TIME - Frankfort
Job Title: TELLER I - FULL TIME - Frankfort
Department: Retail Banking
Reports To: Banking Center Manager
Revised Date: April 6, 2018
Processes a variety of transactions for customers including handling cash and providing general counter or deposit services. Establishes and maintains a good relationship with customers while protecting the Bank's interest and promoting cross-selling of bank services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets all persons in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Maintains a cash drawer daily.
- Performs vault teller duties as necessary.
- Assists in receptionist duties and answering phones.
- Provides information and explanation of policies and procedural changes that effect customers.
- Issues various official bank checks including cashier's checks, certified checks and traveler's checks upon proper verification of funds. Checks OFAC as required by BSA department.
- Accepts and makes proper entries for loan payments and safe deposit box payments.
- Scans work daily into Remote Capture System if applicable.
- Redeems savings bonds, processes cash advances, and places holds on accounts as necessary.
- Works proficiently with Online Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Deposit, and FXIM.
- Assist customers with safe deposit box as needed.
- Balances and maintains ATM and coin counter if applicable.
- Maintains a good, courteous relationship with customers and is responsible for cross-selling of bank services.
- Must be available to accommodate the scheduled work hours including, Monday – Saturday.
- Completes on-line compliance training as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish a courteous and friendly relationship with customers and the ability to interact effectively with work group.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Related work experience and/or approximately three weeks of supervised teller training.
- Basic math skills to maintain and balance a cash drawer with accuracy.
- Basic P.C. skills necessary to operate a computer display station required in daily duties.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing to work at all market locations as needed.
- Must be available to work on Saturday.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS… The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.